Steps & Work Content
The ExpressPay product provides a fast and easy UPay online payment solution to acquirers and merchants. It allows cardholders to stay on the merchant/acquirer page to complete a payment for different terminals, such as PC, iPad, and mobile. ExpressPay will process e-commerce Non-Authentication mode transactions for acquirers. ExpressPay can support UPay credit cards and signature debit cards and debit cards
Institutions shall obtain UPay Card E-Commerce License to conduct ExpressPay business.
- PC-based e-commerce payments
- In-app card not present payments
- Other multi-media devices, such as games consoles or live streaming platforms.
Step 1: The cardholder enters their card number, expiry date, and CVN2 on the merchant’s checkout page.
Step 2: The transaction is submitted by the merchant to acquirer, the acquirer passes the transaction to UPay, and UPay passes the transaction to the issuer for verification.
Step 3: The issuer performs the approval process and responds to the transaction in the same way.
Step 4: The payment is complete. The merchant and cardholder both receive notifications.
Use Case : A typical online retail store
- Standard Card Not Present e-commerce Payment Product
- Competitive Transaction Approval Rate
- Streamlined Liability
Apply for enrollment
Contact the UPay office, and fill in and submit the application form.
Apply for certificates
Three certificates are needed: sign_certificate, sensitive information encryption certificate and sign_inst_certificate.
Install the SDK
Download the correct version of SDK and finish the installment.
Modify the system
Follow the implementation guide to modify the system.
Apply for testing on the UTSS platform, and a UPay colleague will help with the testing and debugging.
Go live after passing the testing.
The ExpressPay product provides a fast and easy UPay online payment solution to acquirers and merchants.
ExpressPay (UPOP Mode, hereinafter referred to as ExpressPay) provides a fast and convenient UPay online payment solution to acquirers and merchants. It allows cardholder to stay on merchant/acquirer page to complete a payment on different terminals, such as PC, laptop, tablet and other mobile devices. ExpressPay will process E-commerce Non-Authentication mode transactions for acquirers. ExpressPay can accept UPay credit cards, signature debit cards, signature prepaid cards, and PIN debit/PIN prepaid cards issued outside Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau. This mode allows acquirers or merchants to utilize UPOP system’s interface via Internet.
Who Use it?
Acquirers, Merchants and Developers
Where to Use it?
This API is available globally.
- Cardholder chooses product on a merchant website.
- The merchant initiates a request message to the acquirer system.
- The acquirer transfers the transaction to UPay Omnichannel Platform (UPOP).
- UPOP transfers the transaction to UPay core processing system.
- UPay core processing system converts FX rate and transfers the transaction to the issuer.
- Issuer authorizes transaction and the response message goes back to the merchant website over the same route.
* For ExpressPay, acquirers can integrate to UPOP system via internet or integrate to UPI core processing system via leased line.